Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Empty Netters: Great blog, questionable fashion taste

If you're not already checking in on Empty Netters, you owe it to yourself to make it a daily read. Seth does a great job keeping up with the hockey world and presents a very entertaining blog.

He's been on record throughout the summer railing against Reebok's new EDGE uniform system. I can't say I blame him. There have been some real train wrecks unveiled this summer. So you can imagine my surprise reading his take on San Jose's new look this afternoon:

The Sharks unveiled their jerseys and guess what, we actually like them. Even if they did "update" (i.e. downgrade) what was one of the best logos in all of sports, the new Sharks uniforms are an upgrade in our opinion, mainly because they got rid of the ridiculous vertical striping that had been on the jersey previously. Now if the rest of the league could follow...
For my money, I'd take the Sharks jerseys of old over this monstrosity:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you saying my Houston Oilers Starter jacket is probably a bad choice of winter attire?

I kid, I kid.

Thanks for the props.